Irish Beef Stew
-1/4c olive oil
-1 1/4 lb stew meat

-6 minced garlic cloves
-5c beef stock
-5c beef stock
-1c guinness draught
-1c pinot noir
-3 tbsp tomato paste
-1 tbsp splenda
-1/2 tbsp thyme
-1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
-2 bay leaves
-2 tbsp margarine
-2 lbs russets, peeled and chopped
-1c carrots, peeled and chopped
-1 white onion, chopped
-1c chopped celery
flour
cornstarch
-Dip the stew meat in flour and shake off. Brown in the olive oil.
-Add garlic for 1 min.
-Add beer, wine, tomato paste, splenda, thyme, worchestershire sauce, bay leaves and beef stock.
-Boil, reduce and cover for 1 hour.
-While liquids are simmering, cook carrots, onion, celery and potatoes in margarine for 20 minutes.
-Add vegetables to liquids and simmer for 40 minutes, uncovered.
-Remove bay leaves and add a little cornstarch if you want a thicker stew. I served with whole wheat rolls. Enjoy!! We did!!
Since the pictures turned out a tad unappetizing, I leave you with 2 of my 4 new red doors.
I finally got red doors...one week before the house goes on the market! Oh well, maybe someone out there will appreciate them as much as I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment