Well, it's here. Today is Noah's first birthday! Jensen's too, turns out. I'll save all the sappy stuff and give the people what they want, but will share just a couple of thoughts. I won't lie and say the first year flew by. It was a long year full of a ton of change. That's not to say I am glad it's over or that it wasn't absolutely fantastic or that I don't cherish every second and every stage, I just didn't think I'd feel this way on this day. There were a few moments (oh wow, how did they get to be 5 months?! or how are they both able to stand on the fireplace and point at me and laugh?!) but other than that, I've been waiting for that communication/reasoning people keep promising me. <--Yes, fully aware that I will regret that statement in the very near future. Anyways, just wanted to post a few quick pictures while taking a break from party prep. Thank you everyone for loving our boys so well these past 12 months!! They are the best kids in the world and we are so very fortunate to know them!
These are from yesterday


(not naked)

Here are a couple from this morning. We are trying to do our part so our thermostat is set rather high. The boys have been sleeping in tshirts only (don't worry, their fan is on and they are fine!) so no cute PJs. I should have staged them before I got out the camera :)
Gaga got them Cliffords and 2 new Clifford books (amongst several other gifts). She also brought my old Clifford books for them to have! (we'll see....)

Noah is revisiting his scrunch face (can't wait to see what other stages will come back to visit)- Gaga also got them shopping carts!

So, kind of a lame post but I have a feeling we'll be recovering from Saturday for a few days and I've already been pretty terrible about updating with pictures.
Yes, once the reasoning and understanding of directions starts it is WAY better! Congrats on surviving the first year with your precious boys!
ReplyDelete