Thursday, August 11, 2011

Under da Sea

Yesterday, the kids' Nana and Papa took us to the new Grapevine aquarium! It was nice to be in the A/C and not have to get in and out of the car, like most of our weekdays. The boys liked the fishies and they are definitely going to love it when they are older. I love how close it is! It is right across from LegoLand, which looks awesome too. Can't wait for future trips.



Jensen and Noah really liked the jellyfish


Walking/Crawling on sharks!


A lot of sharks, everywhere

Eels, stingrays and yep, more sharks

Little nemos

...and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, "with fronds like these, who needs anemones?"

I love that the stingray's underside looks like a sweet little face

After a trip to the gift shop

We headed to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. As we were waiting in line I had a flashback to the "thunderstorms" that happen every 10 minutes there (we had a Rainforest Cafe in Katy). I figured the boys would be fine (they are pretty laid back in that sense) but then the hostess and our waitress both warned us of them and said that we could take the boys to the little fish tank in the gift shop if they got scared during them! Our waitress pointed out that the boys were in good "position" because their backs were to the terrifying gorillas and the speaker wasn't directly over their heads (it was over their papa's head). I started to get a little nervous!
They did great, of course. They would just give the ginormous elephants (or ephelants, as Anthony calls them) and the loud, mean gorillas kind of sassy looks during the storms, then return to their grilled cheeses.



Leaving Grapevine Mills. They were already almost asleep!

So that was our little outing! Very fun day.

In other news, Jensen tries to sit in and on everything. This one is somewhat practical compared to the tiny block box and toy basket he tries to fit into. He also sits on both dogs and his brother every chance he gets. I will try to get a picture of that but it is usually fairly short lived.

We have a very fun weekend coming up...I will try to take a lot of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment