Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Favorite Things

I absolutely love favorite things posts on blogs. I'm a firm believer in "the little things" and think it's so interesting to see what everyday items people are passionate about! Here is a short list of mine.

Soundspa lullaby machine-

White noise makes happy boys. We use the ocean sound and the sea creatures projection. No need for a mobile!

Aden & Anais blankets-

Specifically this set, so cute. We have around 15 of these blankies and it's not enough! We use several daily and they were perfect for the boys when they were swaddled.

Rock n play cosleeper-

We could not function without this. Jensen and Noah eat in it, nap in it and watch me cook in it. I'm rocking Noah in it as I type. If one of them is having a bad night, we can put them next to us in bed and it rocks so easily on the hardwoods, you can literally do it in your sleep! Maybe they'll come out with different colors someday. Looooooove this "yellow thing" as we call it.

Shoe socks-

They might be a tad dorky but they are the only socks that will stay on my kids little feet!

Praise Baby CDs and DVDs-

The CDs are great for traveling and the boys watch the DVD while I start on dinner!


Mommy's Time-out wine- Great for when the ^this^ is happening-

Not a 90 point wine of course but oh so cute and a great gift. My good friend, Meredith, just brought me some and I'll be returning the favor in August :)

Now for a few non-baby favorites. I know, are there such things? I could do an entire (looong) post about my favorite beauty products but here are 2 that I am particularly loving these days. One that I just discovered and one that I am re-discovering as washing my hair has become a luxury...
Smashbox primer-

Love the way this primer goes on. Not oily at all and keeps my foundation on for those rare date nights.

Oscar Blandi dry shampoo-

By far the best dry shampoo I've used. My sister and I got it in our stockings (yes, we still get stockings) a couple-few years ago and I've been hooked ever since.

Lastly, any time I have any type of a platform, I push this product (when appropriate, of course)

Sometime towards the end of college, I read a magazine article at the doctor's office about the UT cheerleaders. They all swore by cheapo NYC waterproof eyeliner because it was totally sweatproof and stayed on the entire game. I have not used another liner since. It stays dark and in place until you take it off at night. Also, my hurkies are totally like 10 times better. Just one of those silly little beauty tips you are glad you hear/read!

One more!
This guy-


He gets a gold star this week for sure. Jensen invented a new game ("torture Charley by chasing him in the walker") and he has been such a good sport about it. It's sad and funny. Mostly sad.

1 comment:

  1. I love that sound machine too! So glad you found my blog, it's nice to have other twin moms to relate to in order to make sure you aren't crazy. Your boys are precious! :)

    ReplyDelete